LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – A box fan sparked flames that caused $125,000 in damage to a home in northwest Lincoln on Wednesday.
Lincoln Fire & Rescue crews arrived at the home near Northwest 22nd and West O Streets around 4 p.m., according to spokeswoman Nancy Crist. Ventilation Fan For Industry
When crews arrived, Crist said flames could be seen coming from the back of the home.
The fire began in the kitchen, thanks to faulty wiring of a box fan, according to Fire Inspector Carl Campbell.
Crews put out the fire quickly, but the blaze spread into the roof and exterior, causing $100,000 in damage to the structure, according to Crist.
1380 Exhaust Fan Flames also caused $25,000 in damage to the home’s contents. Nobody was injured in the fire.